"Life is like drawing on a piece of paper. Without an eraser."

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Just a Highly Descriptive Piece

Author's Note: I felt the need to put some good word choice into a piece, and what better to do it in than a descriptive piece? You will also find some figurative language in here. This took so much more time for me to write than it did to read, even if it is only two paragraphs.

      I gazed intently around my lavish living room, with its enormous, clear windows and warm, plush carpet. Sitting on a smooth but cushioned couch, I felt like lying down and letting my cozy blanket wrap me in its warmth. My adorable little puppy trotted up to me, so I picked her up and let her sleep next to me. She stretched luxuriously and sprawled out next to me in the folds of my fleecy feather quilt.
      Staring at the walls, I inspected a few of the colossal paintings that hung and collected endless amounts of dust. A realistic painting of horses on a farm, with rolling pastures and vast fields. A beautiful one of a bowl of fruit, spilling over with succulent peaches and crunchy apples. A silly one of my dear puppy, in which she is wearing a bright pink, fluffy tutu. I sighed contently and closed my eyes, letting sleep wash over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment