"Life is like drawing on a piece of paper. Without an eraser."

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Easy as Pie

Author's Note: I was just remembering an episode of SpongeBob I watched once, where SpongeBob says the word "cliche." It inspired me to write this piece, which is just a story with little cliches incorporated into it. See if you can spot them :) Just a note: This story has no plot line (it goes REALLY off topic)

The truth is, pie can be very difficult to make. You may think it's as easy as 123, but when you mess up it's back to square one. If it does turn out right, though, you'll be head-over-heels in love with it. Making bread is no walk in the park, either. If you don't knead it enough, it'll be flat as a pancake. Eventually, if it doesn't turn out, you'll have to give it a rest. One day when my mom and I were baking some bread, it turned out alright and my mom was grinning from ear to ear. But the bread didn't last long, because we brought it outside (where it was hot enough to fry an egg) and it flattened. I asked my mom if we could make it fluffy again and she responded "Of course. When pigs fly." It made me wonder if we could make something else. my mom said we could make cake, so I asked her what goes in it. "Oh, a little of this, a little of that," she said. Unfortunately, many of the ingredients needed to make the cake went into the bread. My mom and I drove down to the grocery store to buy more, but the long arm of the law caught up to her. The cop let her go, though, once he realized our predicament. Once inside the store, we couldn't seem to locate any butter. It was like finding a needle in a haystack. "Any idea where it is?" My mom asked me. I suddenly realized where it was. "That's a no-brainer. It's in the dairy section." We payed for the ingredients and were on our way. Soon enough, the cake was baked, but the oven started smoking. I realized there was a tiny fire inside it. "Abandon ship! Abandon ship!" My mom screamed, making a mountain out of a molehill. I located the fire extinguisher, put the fire out, and settled down to eat some cake while my mom calmed down.

2 comments:

  1. Hi buddy; nice story! I like how even thought nothing is going right, you and our mom keep moving forward. O_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks O_O This is not a true story, btw XD

    ReplyDelete