"Life is like drawing on a piece of paper. Without an eraser."

Friday, February 1, 2013

A Horse Ride

Author's Note: This is a descriptive journal response to the art piece Le Blanc Seing by Rene Magritte.

Thick, lush leaves fluttered in the wind as I rode through the forest on my horse. A beautiful brown mare, with a thick mane and tail. The forest had a sense of peacefulness that always seemed to calm me down when I was under stress or otherwise upset. Who wouldn't be relaxed? The forest was beautiful: Vibrant flowers that shimmered with morning dew, fluttering butterflies in the summertime.

I stopped to look up into the trees, where birds were flying around and squirrels hopping from tree to tree. I’d love to live in a forest like this, I thought. My horse started to get restless, so we started moving again. I felt all the small jolts as his hooves connected with the ground. We soon stopped again so he could take a drink from a small stream, so clear that I could see each stone at the bottom perfectly. Around it, standing a little far off, was a small family of deer also taking drinks. They ran away when they saw me gazing at them. I got back on my horse and started riding deeper into the beautiful forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment