"Life is like drawing on a piece of paper. Without an eraser."

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dark River

Dark, murky waters wash over me as I weep, clinging onto a fallen tree. I weep for all the things I loved that had been ripped from me and thrown into another world. My warm, salty tears feel like fire on my face as they fall into the black hole of the river.

Somewhere inside that black hole are all my childhood memories.

Somewhere inside that black hole lies all my happiness.

Now all that remains is an empty chasm of sorrow and hate.

I let myself be swept into the raging whirlpool of death, knowing that there is no more hope for me. I will be lost forever, but I do not care. I no longer have anything to live for.

3 comments:

  1. Good use of anaphora with "Somewhere inside that black hole..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomeness! I love it Nushi! It's a great piece (and it's very dramatic). Hee hee :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree. It's so sad. I like your use of words to describe it- it really felt like it was me clinging onto that branch and then falling into the black hole of the river.

    ReplyDelete