"Life is like drawing on a piece of paper. Without an eraser."

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas.....Maybe? Totally!

I crept downstairs to the family room on Christmas Morning, making sure not to step on the creaky stairs. I passed by my cat, Churro, who started.....roaring. When I got to the family room, my family was there waiting for me. I opened one of my presents.... and inside was a tornado!!! I cried out in terror as I was sucked into the dark, black expanses of nothingness.

My eyes shot open, heart pounding, face wet with tears. I wearily sat up to make sure my room was still there. It was Christmas Day, a regular Christmas Day. Churro was laying at the end of my bed, softly mewing, not roaring. I relaxed a little, enough to get out of bed.

I walked downstairs, not caring where I stepped. My mom was in the kitchen, making breakfast. I was tempted by the smell of pancakes, so I grabbed a plateful and plopped down into a chair. Snow was falling outside, covering everything in a thick blanket of white. Suddenly this felt like a very normal Christmas, like nothing could go wrong.

My little brother was already in the family room, along with my dad. I finished my breakfast and joined everyone to open presents. My brother opened his presents, then I started ripping the wrapping paper off of one of mine. I took a deep breath and slowly opened the flap of the box. And inside was a...... whirlpool! Just kidding. Inside was the cutest little puppy that ever existed.

"What are you going to name her?" My brother asked.

"Daisy. I'll call her Daisy," I said, staring into the puppy's pleading eyes. "Because she's perfect and sweet just like a daisy."

2 comments:

  1. I like how you described the person in the first part of the piece. I want a dog for my birthday, and my Grandma Ginny even picked out a breed for us. (I don't know how to spell it.) It doesn't shed, and it is easy to care for, but my mom would never allow that.Now I want it very badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a dog even more badly than you do, but I can't have one(you know why). But lately I have been doing some research on hypo-allergenic dogs. I actually found some really great ones.

    ReplyDelete