"Life is like drawing on a piece of paper. Without an eraser."

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Prediction of Delirium series (Creative Ending)

          Lena gazed at what used to be a green, lush forest, Hana by her side. Now, all that was left was a flat, burnt landscape, still smoldering from the bombings.
          "Lena...what happened here?" Hana asked.
          "The resistance. They found the Homestead and decided to blow the whole thing up. I still don't know where Julian and Alex are," Lena said bitterly.
          "Well...what do we do?" Hana looked around.
          "There's only one thing we can do. We have to keep looking for them," Lena said, determination creeping into her voice.
          "All right," Hana sighed. "Look, Lena, I want to find those two as much as you do, but I don't know where else we can look. We've searched this whole area, and not a sign of them. I give up."
          Lena was desperate to find Alex and Julian, but she knew that Hana was right: They were either dead, or had been taken away by the Resistance.
          "Fine. But I'm never going to be happy again." Lena felt like crying.
          "Not even if we showed up?" A voice said from behind her. Lena's heart raced. Could it really be them...? She spun around and ran, straight into Alex and Julian with so much force that they both stumbled backwards. Tears formed in her eyes,
          "Hey Lena," Julian said. He looked at Hana. "I don't think we've met...I'm Julian. Friend of Lena's."
          "They'd been a little more than friends," Alex muttered, but he still looked happy to see Lena.
          "This is Hana. My best friend," Lena said, ignoring Alex.
          "Hey...I think I've heard of you before. You're Julian Fineman right? I've seen you on tv," Hana said.
          "The one and only," Julian said.
          "So...what now? We found you guys, should we go somewhere?" Alex asked.
          "I think you all know where we're going," Hana said, winking at Lena. She smiled. Alex caught on, but Julian looked confused.
          "We're going to Portland, stupid. Let's go," Alex said, starting off in a random direction.
          "Hey Mr. group leader! It's this way!" Lena said, laughing. She led the way, keeping her eye on the blue seas and white sand that marked Portland's beach. The very same where she and Alex had met.

No comments:

Post a Comment